Whether you’re a man or a woman, your clothes and the way you wear your hair only account for part of your individual style. Accessories – the small items that you wear or carry with you during the course of a day – can make a huge difference and add polish to your appearance. If you’re looking for the right accessories for the man in your life, you won’t have to search far. There are several popular items that can add an extra touch of style to your guy’s overall look.
- Cuff links: Although cuff links fell out of fashion for a certain number of years when dress shirts with button cuffs became popular, this traditional men’s accessory has really made a comeback over the past few years. Many “retro” styles from the 1950s and 1960s are once again fashionable, and cuff links definitely fall into that category.
- Stainless Steel Necklaces: Men’s jewelry is more in vogue now than ever, and stainless steel necklaces are some of the most popular jewelry choices for guys. Precious metals like gold and silver are beautiful, without a doubt, but there are several good reasons why stainless steel has become such a popular material for men’s jewelry. Not only does it have a silvery luster similar to some other more expensive metals, but it’s also extremely durable and hypoallergenic. If your guy likes the look of gold, but you’d prefer a lower price tag, consider chain style stainless steel necklaces with a gold tone coating.
- Tie bars: Another popular retro fashion for men is the tie bar. Used to secure a man’s tie to his shirt, tie bars were all the rage in the 1950s and 1960s. Although they were scarce for several years beginning in the 1970s, they are once again considered an important part of a well-dressed man’s attire.
- Hats: We’ve probably all seen contemporary male celebrities wearing hats in recent years. However, this trend is far from new. Movie stars and celebrities from the World War II generation – such as Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Cary Grant and many others – regularly wore fedora style hats. Today, contemporary men enjoy wearing almost any type, from fedoras to traditional newsboy caps.
- Belts: If you’re looking for an accessory that you know your guy will use on a regular basis, consider a good quality leather belt. Choose one in a neutral brown shade that’s not too wide or too narrow to be sure that your man will be able to wear the belt with a wide variety of outfits.
- Scarves: There was once a time when scarves were primarily intended for women, but those days are over. Now, guys enjoy wearing scarves just as much as their girlfriends and wives do. When shopping for a scarf for your man, be sure to choose one that will not only complement his wardrobe, but also look good with his skin tone.
- Watches: Here’s another extremely useful accessory. If your budget allows, choose a stylish dress watch with a leather or metal band for your guy. However, if money is an object, consider a more casual watch with a black resin band.
- Sunglasses: Another useful accessory for any guy is a stylish pair of sunglasses. You don’t have to spend a fortune to find a good pair – just be sure that they block out at least 99% of harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Wallets: If your man is like a lot of guys, he’ll use a wallet until it’s almost falling apart. This makes a nice leather wallet always a good choice as an accessory, but be certain that you select the style your man prefers.
- Gloves: A particularly good choice if your guy lives in a cold climate, a good pair of warm leather gloves will also add an extra bit of style to your man’s overall look. If you live in a warmer area, consider an unlined pair.
It really is amazing at what a difference the right accessories can make. Fortunately, with such a variety of choose from, you should have no trouble finding one or more accessories that your guy is sure to love!