Fighting it out to moisturize a dry patch of skin with x number of moisturizers and y number of cleansers is one of the common problems faced by women today. Read on to win over that dryness monster that disrupts your mood every morning.
Things to keep in mind
The basic steps in maintaining skin free of Xerosis are
It is always best to use one moisturizer, cleanser and one protective cream.
Use a moisturizing cleanser every morning to remove excess oil and dirt from your face. Make sure to use a gentle cleanser to avoid removal of essential oils from skin. One of the best natural cleansers is rose water. Pure rose water is the most exceptional alternative to chemical cleansers. Dab rose water with cotton and wipe it all over your face/skin every morning.
- Proper moisturizing is the best way to tackle dry skin. Always remember to use one moisturizer, too many can end up spoiling its benefits.
- After cleansing, a toner can be used since it is believed to help the moisturizer soak in.
- The next step is the application of moisturizer. Apply a thin layer and massage in circular motions to spread it evenly over the skin.
- Apart from knowing how to apply moisturizers, the selecting process plays a vital role.
- Check out the ingredients in every moisturizing cream. Look for natural ingredients like prim rose oil, avocado oil etc., since these are ideal for sensitive skin. However, some of the anti-ageing moisturizers contain alpha hydroxyl acids which may cause drying. An acid like salicylic acid improves color and texture of skin while Kojic acid helps the reduction of brown pigment in the skin. Thus you can pick out a moisturizer which suits your needs.
- The best moisturizers come out from your kitchen shelf. Oils like sunflower oil, grape seed oil, and olive oil are some of the natural moisturizers out there.
- The number of times you apply a moisturizer is a key component in the maintenance of a dryness- free skin. It is advisable to apply a moisturizer once every three hours for a well moisturized skin. Since the art of moisturizing needs you to apply a moisturizer many times a day, it is sensible to go for a gentle nature-based moisturizer.
Finally you can apply a sunscreen for protection. A day cream also does the job perfectly.
- Every night apply a thick night cream before you hit the bed. Before that make sure to cleanse your skin using the same cleanser you used in the morning.
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated from the inside. Drink a huge glass of water before going to bed.
- Have a healthy diet of fruits and greens to give your skin a natural glow.
- Application of a face mask once a week is beneficial for all types of skin. A homemade face pack will work wonders.
Things Not To Do
- Experimenting with a number of different moisturizers is probably the biggest blunder you may do when you are looking to get a well moisturized skin.
- While washing your face makes sure the water is warm; also washing your skin several times might lead to the reduction of essential oils.
Alisia Goodwin is a freelance blogger and currently writes for Zap It Off. you can get more information about tattoo-removal at http://www.zapitoff.com.au/tattoo-removal/our-treatment/.