Are you the one who feel hungry every two hours? Or are you someone who has a habit of munching something every few hours? We all fall under either of the two categories unless one is strict about their food and dieting habits. Being a home maker, you might feel hungry after completing the routine household chores. But we often don’t eat when we feel hungry; on the contrary we eat on regular timing. One should avoid doing this and eat when hungry. Our refrigerators are occupied with enough items for quick meals. Rather than searching for easy steak recipe or 20 minute recipe on internet, bring together the items and create your own dish.
Let’s see quick meals that will satisfy your mid-day hunger pangs from the leftover food or from very few items. Finger Foods, Sandwiches, Crackers, Cheese etc can be made within minutes.
- Bread: We all have enough bread in out refrigerators to make a quick sandwich.Cold Sandwiches: If you have cold chicken in your fridge, dice it into pieces. Take some peanuts and mayonnaise. Put them in a mixer with few chicken pieces and grind till a paste is formed. Add celery, ginger, garlic and black pepper to the paste. Spread the paste on bread; add chopped chicken and some cheese. Your cold sandwich is ready.
- Ham Roll: If you have a cooked ham, just shallow fry it in barbeque sauce and remove. Take a flat bread make a layer of shredded cabbage, cheese and barbecue sauce. Put the ham on it and roll it. Accompany it with cheesy dip and have it hot.
- Tuna Crackers: Tuna sandwiches are common so we bring you a twisted taste. Mix a tablespoon of crème fraîche, lemon and pepper seasoning, some bread crumbs and cooked tuna. Position salty round crackers on a plate. Make a layer of the creamy tuna and garnish with chopped onion and parsley.
- Finger Foods: Finger foods can get creative with your taste and choice. Here’s a list of few finger foods that are mostly liked by all.Finger Fritters: Cut carrots, green capsicum, potatoes and your choice of meat in long verticals. Make a batter with Bengal gram flour, ginger-garlic paste, black pepper and salt. Dip all the items in the batter and deep fry. Awesome finger fritters are ready to eat with a dip or tomato sauce.
- Indian Kebabs: Pick up everything from your fridge that you love. Like cottage cheese cubes, capsicum, onion, chicken or any cooked meat. Cut everything in square shapes and season it with kosher salt and black pepper. One by one put each item in skewers and grill. Eat it hot with green chutney.
- Bacon Mash: Take potato mash in one plate. Add salt, fennel seeds, parsley, crushed green chilies and ginger paste to the mash. Mix well and sprinkle some lemon juice. Make small rounds of the mash. Cut bacon into long pieces. Cover the mixture mash in bacon layers and bake in oven.
Anthony Picasse attended culinary school in Paris and devotes his time cooking at their family owned restaurant. He likes trying out new recipes and shares cooking tips to those who ask. At home he likes an easy steak recipe he can quickly whip up after a long day at work.