What do you think is the most important factor of any business card? Apart from the good looks and uniqueness, it is the business card paper that really touches the mind who buys it. Let’s see the impact of paper on business cards. The feel of your business card is labeled on the client’s mind if the paper attracts attention more than the looks and design of it. Today’s era has omnifarious collection of unique cards than ever.
1. Textured Paper: This type of paper is used widely amongst small and big businesses. It gives a distinct touch to any business card. Textured paper can be used for creating simple, sober, unique or funky business cards. A textured business card with rough paper is mostly used by fashion designers, footwear stores, graphic designers and those on the creative front. Not that the other company don’t use texture base business cards. There are other big industries like hotels, hospitals, construction and aviation that can also use textured cards with soft paper. Any textured business cards can be used; however, the thing to keep in mind is that a business card should match the company needs.
2. Glossy Paper: Glossy paper has been used over decades and still creates demand. Many companies use this type of paper to catch extra attention by giving it different styles, shapes and effects. Glossy paper is used for all kinds of businesses and also when you want to add a picture or drawing to your business card. Imagine how it would look if you add a picture to a textured paper. It doesn’t appeal to the client. Hence glossy paper is most used when it comes to add a photo or drawing to the business card. The glossy paper on business card should have minimal content and information to grab someone’s mind. If overdone, it would look like a messy piece of paper piled with information.
3. Various Materials used as Paper: With the changing times, no industry has left behind to bring in new changes. The Business card paper industry has also evolved. Business card can now be printed not only on regular paper but also on plastic sheets or metal or wood. These are in vogue. To be idiosyncratic in this competitive epoch, going extra mile to look unique is a precondition. The thing to keep in mind with these materials is to use premium quality to avoid corrosion of any type. Embossing information on such materials take lots of hard work. Hence these types of business cards are usually expensive than the rest.
- The textured paper for a business card should be not too rough that the ink doesn’t stick in and not too soft that the ink looks brighter than the card.
- Don’t leave too much space on the business card that can be used for scribbling on it.
- When you are using a photo on your business card, do not use a photo that is bigger than the content and larger than the rest.
- While using other material for business card, avoid sharp edges that can hurt. Small things need to be taken care of.
License: Image author owned
Sam is a working for Discount Printing Australia and love to explore various new design quality and options you get while printing company cards